[TowerTalk] Help separating sections of Glen Martin tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help separating sections of Glen Martin tower
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 20:27:31 -0800
The nuts on the carriage bolts holding together Glen Martin section
can only be unscrewed a few turns before hitting the bracket
connecting the sections together.  The bolt must be pushed out
before continuing to unscrew the nut.  (This will make sense if
you have ever worked on this kind of tower).  I am finding that
the bolt is binding in the square hole and I can't get it out
even using a screwdriver whacked with a hammer to try to push
it.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?

Tomorrow, I am thinking of loosening all 8 nuts in one leg
the few turns that I can, and then banging on the whole
bracket to maybe pop them loose.

Note that the bolt cannot turn in the square hole and in any
event, the head is smooth and there is nothing to grip.

Rick N6RK