Re: [TowerTalk] Classifieds for towers?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Classifieds for towers?
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:40:26 -0800 (PST)
> > I plan on putting up a tower this summer. It's
> > likely  going to be a
> > crank-up.  I am wondering if I can save some money by
> > picking  up a used one
> > somewhere local to me.  Are there any classifieds that
> > people  are watching
> > for these sort of things?
>
> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:22:01 -0500 (EST)
> From: K7LXC@aol.com
>
> Used crank-ups in general and in the PNW
> in  particular are not common.
> Put a want on the WWDXC reflector. I'd also put  it on
> eham and qth.com.
> You might scare something up.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve K7LXC
> TOWER TECH

I'm also in western WA and have seen lots of used and rusty tower for sale
around these parts.  I found my TX-472 listed in the QRZ.com forum.  The seller
was located in Porterville, CA where rainfall and humidity (and the resultant
rust) is low.  Though 20 years old, it's still in top shape!  Getting it here
was a simple matter of putting a listing on uship.com which is like ebay
except, the bids go DOWN.

After getting my permit issued late, and some other factors, I missed putting
up my tower last year.  But, it looks like it'll happen in late spring. :)

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC