Re: [TowerTalk] antenna heights and the FAA/FCC

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna heights and the FAA/FCC
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 02:10:42 -0500
On 3/5/2012 10:05 PM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
> A phone call to the FAA will usually net you an informal answer right away.
> I've gone through this with proposed lighting for a football field
> overlooking an airport and the formal letter only took a few weeks.
>
> Al
> AB2ZY

I'm  not sure why you are measuring in meters as the FAA does almost
everything in nautical miles and some in statute miles.
At-any-rate, 4.554 lm = 2.83 statute miles so it'll likely depend on
whether you are off the end of, and in line with a runway.  My educated
guess is unless it's in line with a runway you'll be OK although that'd
be pushing it, but as I said, that is a "guess.    Typically these are
not long drawn out affairs.

As Gary said a quick phone call to the FAA should give you a tentative
answer.

73

Roger (K8RI)