Re: [TowerTalk] gnuplot & eznec fairfield files

To: Felipe Ceglia <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] gnuplot & eznec fairfield files
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:40:37 -0700
On 3/12/12 7:54 AM, Felipe Ceglia wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I've tried 4nec2, it does use gnuplot, but doesnt output exactly what I
> need...
>
> I will figure out how to script it. ;)

When I do stuff like this, I break it into two pieces..

1) Extract the pattern data from the NEC output file and dump it to
another file with just the data I need.  It's pretty easy.. you look for
the title header, count X lines down, and start reading lines until you
hit a blank line.  I've got Matlab/Octave and C code (and probably VB
too) that does this.

2) Use some plotting program to do the pattern plots.  I think there is
a gnuplot/polar plot out there all setup for patterns. I seem to recall
using it with Octave. I will volunteer that Excel is about the worst
program for doing pattern plots.