Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole for Rohn 55G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole for Rohn 55G
From: Ro Grrr <rogrrr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:32:28 -0400

My Rohn 55 gin pole has a 3 inch aluminum mast with 3/8 inch wall. The bracket
is about 22 inches tall.

After all, each section is 100 POUNDS !

If you're strong and adventurous, you can make a gin pole out of 2 sections of
Rohn 20 (that's right - twenty. It's lighter than 25) and pull up the 55
without any worry of it collapsing on you

 Subject:[TowerTalk] Gin Pole for Rohn 55G

 From:"VE1DT"

 I am going to be putting up a Rohn 55G tower but I am having difficulty

 finding a suitable gin pole.

 I have investigated the WB0W version, but there are availability problems

 from that source. The Rohn product and EBay offerings appear to only be

 suitable for  25G and 45G. Are there other sources of gin poles suitable for

 55G that people have had success with?