Re: [TowerTalk] hy-gain th6 trap rebuild

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hy-gain th6 trap rebuild
From: "Stan Labinsky Jr." <wa2puq@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:59:23 -0400
One thing to be wary of, HDPE it is supposed to NOT be UV stable.  I have
what looks like a European, 60 or 70 MHz half wave vertical, Uses the Ringo
matching network with an adjustable telescoping radiator.  The insulator
that fits between the radiator and the support / grounding sleeve is cracked
in several places... the places that the sun can get to.  The rest of it
looks fine, but useless.

Stan