Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV Slippage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV Slippage
From: "Stan Labinsky Jr." <wa2puq@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 00:16:59 -0400
Question;

What would happen if you could mark exactly on the mast where the rotor
clamp faces contact it.

Then, grind narrow vertical troughs into the mast coinciding with the
contact points... sorta like a three or four point spline or torx drive bit.

I would expect that it would greatly increase the holding power, and if done
right could still provide a break away so the rotor didn't become junk in
the once-in-a-century storm..

Stan