Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:58:00 +0100
Joe,

If the coax in the shack sees a low impedance path to ground, and it is
an odd multiple of a quarter-wave up to the feedpoint, very little CM
current flows; and for any that does flow the shack end is at a voltage
*minimum* of the CM standing wave. It's very clear if you look at the
current distributions in a model.

Of course, if the shack is on a second floor all bets are off - the coax
may well not see a low impedance path to ground.

73,
Steve G3TXQ