Re: [TowerTalk] Baluns for RX antennas

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Baluns for RX antennas
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:40:06 +0100
Tod,

That's a nice write-up!

I've also used the Spectrum analyser / tracking generator approach - I
find the real-time plot instructive for seeing how the SRF swings around
with changed lead "dressing" and with "proximity effects". I like to
have the choke "dangling" in free space if I can - getting it close to
the test kit makes a big difference on some of the higher-Q chokes.

By the way, your write-up talks about a 6 core choke, but I see only 5
cores in the photos; am I losing the ability to count, or did you drop
one along the way :)

Steve G3TXQ