Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister mod kit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister mod kit
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:17:53 -0400
On 4/24/2012 6:46 PM, Gary "Joe" Mayfield wrote:
> I give a review of the Idiom kit on my web site.
>
> www.kk0sd.net

All you need in that case is a  pair of LEDs and two resistors,  maybe a
diode to adjust the brightness and maybe a diode.

LEDs are very easy to work with.  The resistors limit the current to the
proper value for full brilliance when the pot is full on.  You and
adjust them down to some what less than 1/4 brilliance before they turn
off IIRC.
Although the parts are cheap, having them all of proper value in a
package for $10 is outlandish, but I'd just put them together myself.
OTOH if you have to order the parts, add minimum charge, plus shipping
and handling you might easily run over the $10.  You can purchase a lot
of PCB parts and have the shipping run close to or even more than the parts.

73,

Roger (K8RI)