[TowerTalk] Phased verticals one direction

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phased verticals one direction
From: Bob Ad5vj <ad5vj@ad5vj.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 10:44:20 -0500
My first Rodeo on phasing, need confirmation please.

I am working on 2 34' phased verticals spaced 34' for 40 meters pointing in a
NE/SW line.

SW ant we call #1
NE ant we call #2

I am wanting ONLY NE direction.

Using my MFJ-259B I have determined the length of coax I have (RG-11) to
measure 106.2' to the fault.

Physically measuring the coax it comes to exactly 72'.

Dividing 72/106.2 I get a measured velocity factor of .6779 according to the
MFJ manual.

(468/7.150)/2 =32.7' per 1/4 wave
32.7' X 3 = 98.1818
for 3/4 wavelength

98.1818 X .6779 = 66.55'

So this should be the physically measured coax length for the 3/4 wavelength
going to the #1 vertical.

Then I do the same for a 3/4 coax wavelength from #1 to #2 antenna.

Does that sound right?

73, Bob AD5VJ

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G