[TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 20:55:11 -0400 (EDT)
Plans for the summer at the new station include getting a stack up  for 6
meters.

I have a clone of a commercial antenna...7 elements and plan to  make a
second to have a stack.  I am pretty much a novice on 6 meters and  all 6 meter
work was done out in KH6, quite different from FL.

After doing some HFTA with Dean Straw's program it appears that  50/25
would be a good height.  I am interested in working DX and long haul  US.  I
have room on the 15 meter tower for these two, but I probably could  do
different heights working around existing antennas.  Plans are to have  them as
switchable both in phase, or both out of phase to cover all the  angles.  Any
advantage in having one at 180/190 feet?

According to the program the BIP and BOP at these heights cover EU,  SA and
US pretty well if I BIP/BOP.

Anybody have any advice?  Since I'm in FL I'm especially  interested in
anyone's experience who lives in the southeast.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS