Re: [TowerTalk] tower camera

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower camera
From: n4zkf <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 06:58:03 -0400
I have never had a problem with anything but spiders. They like the IR at
night sometimes but I use a pepper wipe and it keeps them out. The rest,
rain (mother nature) takes care of and washes the lens in the afternoon
rain. I live a few hundred feet from the ocean so salt water is on
everything but the rain does take care of cleaning the lens.

Mine are not PTZ but bullet style and the RG6 stops RF from getting in
from the radios. I have 9 all around the property hooked to my 2 500GB HD
Raid DVR and 2 separate inside cheap wireless IP/PTZ's. All of these have
iPad and iPhone apps so I can see them from anywhere also. They do a good
job. I have a little 7" monitor to watch them all on here in the shack
beside me and also my 32" on the wall above me too if I care to. The DVR
has multiple ports. Back to towers?.. :)

73 Dave n4zkf
e-mail: n4zkf@n4zkf.com
web: http://www.n4zkf.com
AR-Cluster node: 145.05 Mhz. or telnet://dxc.n4zkf.com:23
CC-Cluster node: 145.07 Mhz. or telnet://ccc.n4zkf.com:7373
Packet BBS: 145.05 Mhz.-14.098 Mhz. or telnet://bbs.n4zkf.com:6300
BPQ Node: 145.05 Mhz.-14.098 Mhz. (n4zkf-5)
SEDAN Node: 145.770 Mhz. (n4zkf-7)
N4ZKF/R 147.375 Mhz. Tone 103.5