Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 11:22:59 -0400
Bob, I would keep the screwdriver on your car or truck.  At the very
best, it will be an inefficient radiator on 160-30, regardless of where
you put it on your tower.  Instead, I suggest you try shunt feeding and
omega matching the tower itself.  Your 12 radials are a good start, and
the tower, with the yagi as a top load, should give you an effective
length somewhere between quarter waves on 80 and 160 meters.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000