Re: [TowerTalk] Horse fence wire antenna

To: "'Hector Garcia XE2K'" <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>, "'Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horse fence wire antenna
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 19:05:22 -0500
I have a horse boarding facility and use this type of electric fence
extensively for pastures.  The last roll of 2 inch polytape was purchased at
Tractor Supply, a 500 foot roll priced at $60.  The label says: Portable
Electric Fence Tape; 14 Stainless Steel Conductors.  I would guess these
wires are about 26 gauge.  They must be light to allow tape flexibility.  I
think I will make up a dipole for 160 and put it up.  Then I will feed it
with 1500 watts RTTY from my Alpha Power amp.  I plan to keep an eye out for
smoke. :)

Keith NM5G