Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 113, Issue 46 - Cell Tower Broadca

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 113, Issue 46 - Cell Tower Broadcast
From: Ro Grrr <rogrrr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:27:36 -0400
John
If you want to make a small fortune, go into the tower business with a LARGE
FORTUNE.
Seems to me there are several problems here.
First is the government and all its stupid regulations.
Second is the GREED of most if not all the contractors and sub contractors.
Third is the KIDS like the one standing on top of the tower, arms outstretched.
Kids think they are invincible so they do stupid sh8 like that. However, I saw
the preview so when it came up during the show, I looked closely and I thought
I saw a tie-off so if he had fallen, he wouldn't have gotten too far. Might
have had some minor injuries and LOTs of pride lost but not killed.
I put up my own towers by myself, learned from having to do heavy things alone.
Yes, it's hard and takes a long time but I know what needs to be done and I
have accumulated the equipment to accomplish the job myself. If I thinkI can't
do something just bcuz I don't have the equipment and know where I can
buy/rent/trade for it, I will get it and after the job, unload the piece for
(close to) what I have in it.

MailfrmPA and Edwin
You pay $80/hour bcuz you want someone ELSE to do it. I learned to do lots of
stuff myself so when I can't do it, which isn't all that often, I'm enough
ahead that I can afford to pay that $80/hour.  But when you have a contractor
who bids the job at $100/hour and hires a sub, he pays the sub $50, who hires
another sub and pays him/them $25/hour. It's called BUSINESS.
However, some of the OSHA inspectors have no business being OSHA inspectors.
They know LESS about the job they are inspecting than the pizza guys who are
doing the job. It's called UNFAIR and STUPID.
If you're going to be an OSHA inspector, you should have worked on what you are
attempting to inspect in order to write up anything about that job site.

If you want to learn something about their industry, go to
Tower-pro@yahoogroups.com and read it for a while. By "while", I mean read it
for a YEAR and then you'll get some kind of feel for what they have to put up
with.

RoGrrr
KC8HZ

quote:

"W1JCW" <w1jcw@hotmail.com>

Subject: [TowerTalk] Cell Tower Broadcast

What a web of BS from the carriers about this. Everything is hurry up based on
unreasonable time tables at others expense.

That's one business I wouldn't get into, not enough $$ to go around with the
guys doing the work and taking the risk.

The carriers make a fortune because people want a smart phone. The hard working
guys are on the wrong end of the food chain.

I was shocked myself that some get as little as $10 per hour !

73-

W1JCW

John