Re: [TowerTalk] 2 el 40m beams

To: "lkeller73@roadrunner.com" <lkeller73@roadrunner.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 el 40m beams
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 07:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
I've have had very good luck with a reinforced Cushcraft 40-2CD. This antenna
was reinforced as per the W6NL mods and has survived ice, heavy wet snow, and
high winds. The newer model CC XM-240 can be strengthened in the same way.

http://k7vc.com/402cd.html

Mine is at 72ft so yours would see a bit weather related stress at 100ft.

Also, if you want full length elements, ON4UN's 3 element 40M yagi looks very
strong. With a bit of computer modeling, you could re-configure it as a 2
element antenna. John's elements & boom are very robust.

GL with the project.

73, Stew K3ND