Re: [TowerTalk] us tower 85 feet

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jleipert@lowertwpschools.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] us tower 85 feet
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:43:38 -0400 (EDT)
>  I just had a "us tower" ma-850mdp rope rust-out and break.  The tower
telescoped straight down. I'll be getting a crane to bring it down. My
question is what's the chance of it being damaged. 20%...30%...so forth and
what
would be damged....

    Bummer, Dude! The only way you're going to know is  to try to extend it
once it's horizontal. You may need some heavy duty  chain-hoist type
pullers to get it apart. The fatal things might be the cable  attachment
pulleys.
I'm betting you and a clever welder/machine shop can help  you get it
working again.

Cheers & GL!
TOWER TECH
 PS - How old was the tower? Had the cables ever been lubricated?  (Next
time use PreLube on the cables annually and avoid this problem.) Do you  live
in a hostile cable environment (salt water, air pollution, etc.)?