Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:07:20 -0600
I think a Tailtwister can handle the 4 ele SteppIR just fine.  I turn 4
ele SteppIR's with 2 ele XM240's above them with the original Alpha Spid
and Green Heron controllers.  They worked great.

After having the 4 ele SteppIR's I might consider going to the 3 unless
you really think the extra DB is worth it or you want the longer 6 ele
6m option.  You could probably buy a 7 ele 6m beam designed for that
band for less than the upgrade from the 3 to the 4.

I would probably lean to one of the antennas that has 2 ele on 40/30.

Good luck!

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net:23 or w0mu-1.dnsdynamic.com
Http://www.w0mu.com