Re: [TowerTalk] Coax, conduit and toroids

To: "'Larry Loen'" <lwloen@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax, conduit and toroids
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:23:41 -0500
I only had mine down a foot as I was crossing buried 220 volt AC lines that
were down about 4 feet (according to power company - I didn't see any signs
of them).  I also have very rocky soil with lots of limestone "shelves" that
I hit when digging my tower base.  I actually poured my base on one of them
that the backhoe/jackhammer operator worked on for an hour.  It was a very
big hunk of limestone.
Buried waste drain (poop chute) has to be schedule 40 minimum (depends on
local code) but French/foundation drains can use the pref'ed thin wall.  It
doesn't matter if it gets compressed.  You may be able to use thin wall for
waste system vents also.
I laid two 80' runs of 3" gray PVC conduit, one run of 2" and a 1" run for
about $150 in material.  I guess if you had a 200+ foot run the thin stuff
would look attractive.
There are cleanout boxes you can get for drain systems that have a open
bottom for a gravel bed but they are designed to be mounted flush with the
ground.  You can get them with solid or grate lids but they sure aren't
water tight!

73 de Perry - K4PWO