Re: [TowerTalk] 13.8 dc tower protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 13.8 dc tower protection
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 17:31:08 +0000
Take a look at what is done in coax powered devices.  I think the old
heathkit switch used 100mh to keep the rf off the dc stuff.  Just look for a
common inductor in that range that will handle the current for whatever you
are doing and it should be ok.  Just remember to put the mov on the line
side of the inductor, or if you put it up the tower put an mov on both sides
of the inductor... which may not be bad inside also just in case.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net