Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping

To: bigdon39@gmail.com, K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping
From: K3WRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:30:02 -0400 (EDT)
All
The one way to keep minimal slippage is to get some hard sheet black rubber
 that is 1/16 inch thick.
Use this in between the mast and the rotor housing and in between the clamp
 plate (if CDE).  If you are using single round clamps like muffler clamps,
 use a strip under the round clamp area.
The rubber when clamped squeezes down to about 1/32 and the tensile
strength on the lateral surface is in the thousands of pounds if you use the
proper natural industrial hard rubber sheet.   You cannot/will not  move the
mast in this type of installation.

Joe K3WRY

In a message dated 7/23/2012 12:13:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,