[TowerTalk] quad with a dipole reflector

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] quad with a dipole reflector
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:17:00 -0400 (EDT)
I'm in the process of getting up a 2 el quad suspended on a  caternary
system with the apex around 170ft.  I got the driven element up  OK, but...

It appears I will have a bunch of fiberglass guy wires in the way  of the
reflector loop, it's a long story.  Rather than weave the loop in  and out of
guy wires which will be a real pain, I am thinking about just putting  up a
dipole tuned for the same freq as the reflector loop would be.  After  all,
a reflector is a reflector as long as it is in the same location...about 50
 feet from the driven loop.

I'm not looking to squeeze the very last .1 dB out of the system  and F/B
isn't important.  At an average height of around 130 feet I know  the thing
will be a hummer regardless.

Any ideas on this?  Anybody ever do this or model it.  It  seems like it
should work.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS