Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, mike9v@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 15:40:41 -0400 (EDT)
>  Ok I need to paint my Rohn 25.  I currently have  feedline, rotater
cables, etc taped to one leg.  Any suggestions on how  paint underneath
them withour removing all the cables ?  I thought about  painting all
but the leg with the cables and then once the paint has dried,  move
them to another leg.  Not easy, but should be doable.

    Okay, I guess my first question is why paint it? If  it's rusty, it
needs to be prepped and primered in which case you'd need to  unattach the
cables from the leg. If it isn't rusty, then some cold galvanizing  spray will
work on the existing galvanized coating. The cables may be hiding  some rust
so you need to move them out of the way in any case.

    When painting, you want to start at the top of the  tower and paint
downwards. You can unattach the cables for a ways (10-15 feet or  so) and then

    I hope it's worth the effort - hi.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH