Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas questions...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas questions...
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:13:41 -0400 (EDT)
> I have some questions about the real performance of the  tribander
antennas.

    For many years the only way to compare tribanders  was to look at the
manufacturer's claims. Guess what? They're mostly WRONG. And  in some cases,
wildly optimistic.

    If you want real performance, N0AX and myself  tested a bunch of
tribanders ON THE AIR, compared their performance and  published the results.
You
can get a copy from www.championradio.com. It's  several years old now but
has all of the major antennas at the time.

    A major finding? The PRO series of Mosley antennas  "under performed
the competition" and in one case, had negative gain on one  band. I'd stay
away from them.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH