Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 22:31:36 -0400
On 9/2/2012 7:10 PM, Patrick Barkey wrote:
Brian,

Wow, some strange advice here.  At least no one said you needed an engineer
or lawyer.  Yet.

Didn't need them here when I installed mine. They redid the zoning and I gave the board a lot of documentation. They exempted ham towers after that. You still need a building permit. The only real limitation here is setback rules for safety and you can go higher than that "with permission from your neighbor(s)

If your area is ever rezoned be sure to get involved, or get some knowledgeable hams involved.

I just put up a 130 foot Rohn 25 tower base insulated for 160.  I used 4000
lb test Philly because I had to climb it.  I hated paying for it but I was
glad I did when I was up there.

I'm far more comfortable standing on the top plate of the 45G at 100 feet than at 40 or 50 feet on a 25G. Although I can't feel it move I feel like I'm standing on a toothpick. <:-)

73

Roger (K8RI)

   - Pat
     N9RV