To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 117, Issue 3
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 07:03:31 -0400 (EDT)
>  I am putting up a 1/4 wave insulated tower for 160.   I plan on guying
it at
5 levels.

>  Since I am not putting any  antennas on the tower, what are your thoughts
using the Phillystran HPTG  2100i or should I stick with the HPTG 4000i.

    Well, how differently would you feel when you're  climbing the tower if
the guy wires are not adequate per factory specs? Seems  like it would
provide some amount of pucker factor. Any pucker factor might  be too much in
my
book. Even the factory specified 3/16" can look awfully small  when you're
way up in the air.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC