Re: [TowerTalk] Isolation and SWR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Isolation and SWR
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:42:09 -0700
On 9/10/12 12:10 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
190 feet of LDF4-50.  Then I think what you're saying is that isolation
(or the lack) isn't responsible for much of what I am seeing.

well.. since LDF4-40 has 0.2 dB/100ft loss, I don't think that's accounting for it. 0.8 dB return loss is a pretty big VSWR number.

You might be seeing something else. Maybe parasitic C to the case or control wires or something, and it just happens to be the right amount to almost match.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000