Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast

To: <dick@ny1e.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:43:35 -0700
Agreed!
73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Dick NY1E
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:53 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Lets not get carried away, 4-5 feet of 1.5" (1.9 OD) water pipe is fine for your antenna...Works for many 40 meter beams 10' above the tribander...

Please don't use Sch 40 water pipe even for a VHF antenna.  Exposing 4 or
more feet increases the chance of it bending in the wind.  Water pipe
strength is a flow inside not outside wind strength.
Dave K4JRB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Zeglen" <kl7ai@hotmail.com>