Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Installing Machine

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Installing Machine
From: Pete Stark <pstark@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:55:12 -0400
I bought one of these things and a large Bosch demo hammer.
Works great in dirt.  When it hits rock it stops and rod bends.
Is there a drill that works and does not come apart?  (SDS-Max chuck)
On my hill in WV, about 4 feet down the sand and clay quit and I hit solid sandstone. 3/4 rod did not help the situation. When the rod hits refusal it is over.

Pete K4OM