Re: [TowerTalk] : Ground Rod Installing Machine

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] : Ground Rod Installing Machine
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 19:28:29 -0500
At work we use a Hilti driver/hammer drill.  It's heavy and bulky and
drive rods with relative ease.  It's not so power that a rod will bend
when a layer of rock is hit.  In the Kansas Flint Hills, when the rod
stops, we cut it off and cadweld our bond wire to it.  If it only went
down halfway of its length or less, we go on out another eight feet or
so and drive the other half in and bond it and so on.

73, de Nate >>