Re: [TowerTalk] Overhead cables from tower to shack

To: "'Hans Hammarquist'" <hanslg@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Overhead cables from tower to shack
From: "John Lemay" <john@carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:13:48 +0100
Hans

I don't feel competent to comment about lightning strikes and earthing, but
your proposal has some engineering issues:

The catenary of wire plus control cable plus coaxial cable will be heavy and
will exert a sideways pull on your mast. Under windy conditions the pull
could increase and vary. Are you sure your tower can cope with the extra
load ?

John G4ZTR

  _____