Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete drill bit?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete drill bit?
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve,

I bet the folks at Northend Rental (ph: 425-745-5690) can answer your
question. They rent/sell tools & supplies to the construction trades.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

Howdy, TowerTalkians --

I've added anchor bolts to existing concrete bases  many times and
historically have rented a roto-hammer and bit. It wasn't a  concrete drill bit
but it was sort of a concrete coring bit. But instead of  being hollow,
there was an inverted dome in the middle just above the cutting  blade.
Apparently what the dome did was to pulverize the concrete as you drilled
down. It would cut thru rebar with no problem and was perfect for the job.

Now I have to do the same thing and nobody around  here (the PNW) has
even heard of the bit - including the Hilti  distributor. Can someone tell me
what this bit was? It makes the job so easy.  Since we couldn't find the
aforementioned bit, we spent a lot of money on  different bits and drills
before we gave up and had a professional concrete  coring company stop by. He
used a hollow concrete coring bit and just broke off  the stuff in the hole.
Worked FB but I'd still like to know what I'm missing as  far as the bit I've
used before. Tnx.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC