[TowerTalk] Fwd: Heights pre-1995 Aluminum Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Heights pre-1995 Aluminum Tower
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:43:24 -0400 (EDT)
 I am using a mix of Heights and Universal. They have about the same dimensions
and (claim) material. You can use that for wind data and, to a limited extent,
load allowance.

With a "light squeeze" they fit together. I was told by the engineer from
Universal that the old Heights tower were manufactured without templates (take
it from where it comes) and therefor it is important that you match up the
sections correct (and carefully). The Universal sections fit irregardless when
they were purchased.

Another thing, make sure to check the welding of the cross members. I have to
spend some time/money to get them redone. Several had cracks in them to the
point that some even were lose.

Good luck. I was successful in my assembly even if it took some time (and
nerves ;-).

Hans - N2JFS