Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection and control wires

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection and control wires
From: "Mike" <hinrgdj@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:19:32 -0500
Make SURE the terminal posts are oriented down if tower mounted (exposed,
not in a Hofmann box) as the local roosting bird guano will cause fits with
the rotor controller!
The insides will corrode anyways with a whitish powder funk from
condensation, ICE or AR...maybe a new OOTB unit sprayed internally with a
conformal coating will help? Weep holes help, but things inside the box get
funky...

Mike, K4EAR