Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 02:58:17 -0400
On 10/5/2012 1:15 AM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
Hi Bill.

I don't have a Hy-Gain rotor on the ground and opened up right now,
Bill, but it would appear that there are a couple of terminals that
could be used as the common tie point for two or more leads.  No lead
colors are denoted on the schematic, but they're usually so washed out
when you're fingering the actual leads that it really doesn't matter.
There are few of them and they're easily traced from the schematic.

For about $30 (give or take) you can purchase the pig tail version with a seal. It comes with instructions although it does require removing the bell and reinstalling it later.

Well worth the investment.
I put it on all the Ham series when I rebuild them.

73

Roger (K8RI)