Re: [TowerTalk] Why galvanized crank up cables instead of stainless?

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why galvanized crank up cables instead of stainless?
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 19:38:05 -0700
That's the problem rick, they would be sized considerably larger. I have
never seen SS cables in any professional applications except in the food
industry where corrosive wash down equipment is used.

If your cables are not rusty and pitted on the outside I would think that
there is a slim to none chance they would be rusted on the inside.  It is
pretty easy to counter wind them with pliers to look inside, which I do from
time to time.

Mike