Re: [TowerTalk] Choice of aluminum

To: "charlie carroll" <k1xx@cfl.rr.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Choice of aluminum
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 22:49:19 -0400
Sorry... here is the contact info for MAI irrigation products.... I've used them several times... very reasonable and they know we use this stuff for antennas.

Mid-Atlantic Irrigation | Quality Agricultural Irrigation Products |
www.irrigationparts.com/

Premiere distributor and warehouse point for agricultural irrigation products. ... Mid-Atlantic Irrigation - Providing Quality Agricultural Irrigation Products and Friendly Service Since 1952,. Large Inventory of ... Farmville, VA 23901. Toll-Free: ...

Google+ page
    1803 West 3rd Street  Farmville, VA 23901
     (434) 392-3141

Two years ago I built a home brew full size 40m yagi using two 20ft sections of 2" irrigation tubing for the center portion of the elements... survied 100 mph, straight line winds, from last June's derecho but not the 5" x 15ft tree branch that flew by at 80ft, haha. Heavied up the center ten feet with schedule 40 aluminum pipe which slides perfectly into the 2" tubing. PICs on QRZ Prolly still won't survive a massive tree branch but should do OK when the next derecho blows through.
73,
Dave
wa3gin

----- Original Message ----- From: "charlie carroll" <k1xx@cfl.rr.com>