Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk If you had a choice

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk If you had a choice
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:43:18 -0700

And yet, incredibly, the Mosley specs for the Pro 57B say it has 8.5 db gain over a dipole (dBd) on 20m/17m/15m/12m with only three elements per band. By comparison, Optibeam claims 8.5 dBd for their 5 element 20m monobander on a boom twice as long as the Pro 57B.

http://www.mosley-electronics.com/spec%20files/amateur/pro57b.htm

No way on earth that three elements would be capable of 8.5 dBd, but apparently such unfounded claims sell antennas anyway. I don't dispute that the Pro 57B is durable, but that's like bringing a 1950's era Schwinn cruiser to a modern bicycle criterium race.

Dave  AB7E