[TowerTalk] Some information:

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Some information:
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 23:53:02 -0400
I had an e-mail complaint today.
I forget that most of the group has not been around as long as a few of us.

I should start out by pointing out I do not, nor ever have considered my self an expert in anything. Experienced? Yes, but no expert and experience does not necessarily lead one to the correct conclusion. I would add that I rarely post on anything that I do not have experience with. I do on occasion, but they are usually questions that I want to know about.

I would ask this of those who have an issue with something I post. Unless it's really private, post it here! I have no one protecting me, or followers like some on other groups so no one is likely to get on your case, least of all, me. If I make a mistake, tell me and every one else and particularly the person who asked the question I'm addressing. They need to know more than I do. I just need to know to prevent making the same mistake.

OTOH we may never agree and if I'm full of it, then tell me, but please keep it polite. Actually the thing that bothers me more than anything else is some one thinking I think of myself as an expert. I do not even believe in the term. I just try to share my experiences and things based on them. At my age and the life I've led I probably have experiences in more fields and equipment than most, but that still does not make me an expert.

73

Roger (K8RI)