Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: 160 meter elevated vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: 160 meter elevated vertical
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 11:29:22 +0200
I don´t see any reason for a common mode choke with my elevated vertical
(fed tower).
The coax screen is directly connected to the tower at the feed point and
down where the coax leaves the tower.
The inner conducter is connected to the single elevated radial.

On my 80m quarter wave with the ground radial system and underground coax I
don´t see the the need for a choke either.

73
Peter, DJ7WW