Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Rope Knot

To: "towertalk-request@contesting.com topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Rope Knot
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:09:00 -0600
Is it temporary or permanent?

We use trucker's hitches on everything we put up on Field Day...I think it is
more secure than the tautline.

Chris
KF7P

On Oct 28, 2012, at 19:04 , Kelley Shaddrick wrote:

I'm putting up a 40' aluminum mast as an end point for an all band dipole
antenna. What's the best way to attach the guy ropes to the anchors? At the
moment, it's been suggested I use a tautline hitch. I've used this knot before
to hold up dipoles, not sure about its reliability as a guy rope knot. However,
I like that it allows the rope to move either way so I can adjust it. Are there
some other knots to consider? How about some kind of mechanical device?

Thanks,

Kelley - W0RK