Re: [TowerTalk] Alfa Spid and US Tower MA Series

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alfa Spid and US Tower MA Series
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:22:48 +0000
The Hygain T2X or Ham M style both are  around 14.5" tall (without the
lower adapter)  The AlfaSpid standard RAK is around 15" and the smaller RAU
is a bit under 14". The larger Spid RAK is around 14.5 as well. The short
base adapter (with holes to match a HyGain base pattern)  would add maybe
.5 inches to these measurements. The MARB base in the US Tower catalogue
looks to have plenty of height clearance adjustment.   Certainly if you
mounted either of them with the motor faced outwards,  there should be
plenty of clearance.  But I have not personally fitted one of our rotors to
the MARB base so you'd need to confirm there is enough height adjustment
for your situation.

73 Don
VE6JY