Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding
From: "Dale Sanders" <dsanders@alpinepowersystems.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 12:51:01 -0600
This is the very reason that many of us that are hams and work with this
stuff on a day to day basis make very few comments.  It's those of you that
deal with the equations and book stuff that just don't understand what goes
on in the "real world"  While you may have never seen a conductor melted,
again, have you ever been in a cell site when the storm struck, or worked on
a broadcast facility after it got struck?

As for the cadwelding comments, you need to do your homework.  Burndy has
crimps that have been tested and equaled or exceeded the same connection
that was cadwelded.

If you don't work with this stuff on a daily basis, you might want to listen
to those of us that have been doing it for over 35 years.  We know a little
about what we're talking about.....and equations are fine but mother nature
has never taken a course in quantum physics.