Re: [TowerTalk] How to deal with Coax on a Crankup Tower

To: <W2GR@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to deal with Coax on a Crankup Tower
From: "Bill Winkis" <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:23:53 -0500
You should go to my web site to get a clearer picture..basically the three
wires ..coax, rotor, band switcher are fed into a 70 foot Chinese braid,
now we only have to work with one fat wire/cable....a 8 inch 1/4 wall
adhesive shrink now grabs the shield/braid with a long Chinese cable
grip....as the tower is raised/lowered the cable move through opening in the
standoffs. The weight of the cables is now carried by the
shield/shrink/cable grip.....Been up for 5 years and no problem.....
-Bill ...KC4PE
http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm