[TowerTalk] Tower or Pole; opinions please

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower or Pole; opinions please
From: Rip R <cw.op.montana@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 06:15:25 -0700
Thanks to Wilson (W4BOH) and all those who sent an email off line. The vast
majority suggested a tower, either Rohn 25G or 45G, and some suggested a
tilt base, but I am guessing that the tilt base would only be reasonable if
I was using the 25G. I am leaning toward the R-24SS030 (Rohn 30 foot tower
kit from Hill Radio); barring the unforseen, I should be able to climb 30
feet of 25G for a few more years. Hi Hi  I still need to verify with Hill
Radio that the kit has what I need for a rotator mounted antenna platform
plus mast and bearing; I suspect it will need a few more "accessories". The
concrete companies sell and deliver concrete year round up here, but
digging the hole might be the immediate issue. I also need to verify a good
match between the antenna and 25G for wind conditions. I sure wish I had
this antenna up this weekend for the CQ CW WW test!! Oh well, there is
always next year.... TU & 73s  Rip   W7RIP