Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:50:59 -0800
There is now way that a small Set Screw on the locking ring provides against
any downward force for moment.  Think about it, 200 lbs of antenna maybe and 90
pounds of mast.  I certainly would not be under the mast removing the rotator
and hoping the set screw would hold.  The Rotator (even cheap ones) are able to
handle heavy vertical loads.

Mike