Re: [TowerTalk] element tapering calculation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] element tapering calculation
From: "David Aslin" <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:45:51 -0500
Bob,

This workbook is a great service to the antenna building community -
thank you!

73

Dave G3WGN  WJ6O

-----------------------------

Message: 10

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:26:00 -0600

From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>

To: towertalk@contesting.com

Last year I found that W6QHS (now W6NL) Lotus spreadsheet and converted

it to Excel 2003 XLS format. His spreadsheet is used to determine the

survivability of a tapered element. It is not an RF design tool. Anyone

can download a copy of ELEMENTS.XLS from here:

*http://tinyurl.com/d7m3pxn*

I added a number of worksheets to create this new workbook. The first

sheet contains the formulas / calculations. The second is a mechanical

layout of the 40m Telrex I was experimenting with.  I added two more

pairs of worksheets to I could quickly jump among different design

parameters. The final worksheet contains some information I found

regarding Frank's antennas at W3LPL and I saved it for reference.

Also, for those who don't have a "charting VSWR meter", there is also a

workbook that lets you input VSWR values and it will create a chart that

you can print out. That file is "VSWR charting tool - Rev 3".

73 de Bob - K?RC in MN