Re: [TowerTalk] Noisy US Tower HDX572mdpl

To: jcowens1@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Noisy US Tower HDX572mdpl
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:12:02 -0800
jcowens1@comcast.net wrote:

> I have exactly the same tower and have had exactly the same problem. Bee's
> Wax is the solution. Do not use anything else (grease, etc.). As the tower
> nears reaching  its fully extended position, the  outer most movable
> section    can bind on the inside of the stationary outer section. There
> are flanges on the first movable section that slide on the stationary
> section and you only need to apply the bee's wax at the top inner parts of
> the stationary section where it is binding . You will see where it is
> needed as it elevates to full extension.

Is it possible to apply the wax to the bottom of the outer movable
section instead of to the top of the stationary section?  This
could be done from the ground so it seems like it would be the
easy way to go.

How do we know that the sections involved are always the bottom
two sections?  Are you saying I don't need to wax the top 4 sections
of my 6 section tower?

Rick N6RK