[TowerTalk] Antenna Loads on Rohn Tower (45g in this case)

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Loads on Rohn Tower (45g in this case)
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 08:53:15 -0600
I have 80' of Rohn 45g installed per 90 mhp specs ( I live in a county with a wind speed rating of 85mph). The Rohn catalog states I can have 14.5 square feet of antenna at the top, which I do in the form of a F12 C31 tribander and F12 D240 2 2 element 40m beam.

I'd like to stack another C31 at 40' just above the first set of guys.

Can the tower handle that? It seems like lots of stations do this with no failures. Short of an engineer looking at this, what is the groups thoughts on this?

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC